This Frequently Asked Questions document is intended to provide quick support for common issues you may encounter while using Video Conferencing. If your issue is not covered in this guide, please refer to this section on How to Report Issues.
Issues with conference Quality or Performance¶
- If you are using Guest Mode , make sure you are running on a supported Platform and Browser combination.
- If you are joining a conference in Host Mode , make sure you have the most up to date version of the application.
- Support for Safari on macOS and iOS was added late into development, and while we continue to improve our compatibility with each release, users may currently have a degraded experience due to certain platform differences.
- Quality Indicator on user thumbnails is a combination of both your network quality and system performance. Therefore, you might see lower quality being indicated if you are on a resource limited machine even on a high speed connection. 
|||You are using Guest Mode if you join a conference by opening the invitation link directly in a browser.|
|||You are using Host Mode if you join or create a conference using a Cloud Softphone application on iOS, Android, Desktop or WebRTC.|
|||We are already working on improving this and the distinction would be made more clear in an upcoming release.|
Unable to join conferences or issues with permissions¶
- Guest invitation links will not work in embedded browsers in 3rd party apps like Facebook Messenger or Slack for example. Users will have to open the invitation links directly in a supported browser to join.
- Users may have to explicitly allow their browser access to the camera, microphone and screen
sharing on macOS before they can use these features in a video conference. To enable access:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and then click the Privacy tab.
- Click the Lock icon in the bottom left to make changes.
- Click each of Camera, Microphone and Screen Recording from the list and enable access to your browser of choice.
Having issues on a supported platform and browser¶
- There are a lot of browser and platform specific intricacies that may result in unexpected issues. We are constantly working to ensure that we cover and mitigate these issues as soon as possible.
- However, if you are experiencing an issue that is not already a Known Issue or would like to provide additional details on a previously known issue, please refer to the How to Report Issues section and submit ticket for our support.
Region selected on Portal matching with real hosting region¶
- We use the selected region on the portal as a general guidance for where most of your users are located. Based on this information, our load balancers automatically select the nearest media servers suitable for hosting your conferences. In certain scenarios, this means that the conference would be hosted on a server that doesn’t exactly match the region selected in the portal.
- We are monitoring usage and are expanding our coverage to more regions around the world as the number of users grow. Before each application goes live, we review the selected region on the portal with the real-world server locations to ensure quality of service.
- In case you are experiencing quality issues because of Round Trip Times and Network Latency from your real-world location, please open a support ticket to discuss your situation.
How to Report Issues¶
In order to resolve your issue as quickly as possible, we would need to know all the details about your scenario so that we can properly reproduce and diagnose the issue. For this reason, we request that you take the exact following steps when reporting your issue:
- Open the browser on the platform you are experiencing the issue with, and open the Diagnostics page.
- Download and save the Debug Report to your computer.
- Create an issue in the portal describing your problem scenario in as much detail as possible.
- Include the Debug Report you previously downloaded in your issue.
- Include details about your platform:
- Device Type - For example, iPhone Xs Max, OnePlus 7T Pro, Lenovo Tab M10 HD, Dell XPS 13 (3rd gen), MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2015) etc.
- Exact platform version - For example, macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Windows 10 1903, Android 10 running One UI 2.1 etc.
- Host app or Browser version